(Yorkdale) 3401 Dufferin Street, North York, Ontario, Canada
Reports to: Operations Manager and Owner
Direct Reports: Hairstylists, Assistants, Colour Technicians, Salon Coordinator, Cleaning Staff
No. of Reports: 30-50
Profile: This role is responsible for managing the overall operation of the Salon and Spa. As the leader of the salon and spa team, the Manager is the link between the General Manager and the front line salon/spa operations. This role is charged with ensuring the Donato Salon + Spa Mission and Values are upheld and the salon continues to grow in sales and profits, through the effective coaching and leadership of his or her team.
Outstanding Performance Defined: The salon and spa radiates success! Clients are comfortable and stress-free. Clients return. Teamwork is apparent. Staff projects confidence and professionalism. The salon and spa consistently shows a profit and sales continue to grow.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Achieve service and product revenue goals as per budget.
- Manage labour costs as per budget.
- Manage salon back bar usage.
- Recruit, interview and hire salon/spa/frontline employees
- Evaluate service provider schedules on an on-going basis to make certain that staffing levels are appropriate to business levels and opportunities.
- Ensure that Donato Salon + Spa maintains a friendly and considerate work environment for all to enjoy.
- Resolve client issues as they arise and ensure client satisfaction.
- Ensure the salon and spa is well maintained. Salon and spa must be monitored for cleanliness continuously throughout the day.
- Make certain salon/spa/frontline employees are presentable and in full uniform or appropriate business attire without exception. Salon/Spa employees, including assistants, cleaners, csrs, spa personnel, hairstylists, and colour technicians must follow dress code guidelines laid out in the Employee Handbook.
- Manage the performance of all salon and spa employees, delegate responsibilities to members of the team as appropriate and consistently address ongoing performance/policy breach issues.
- Create agenda and conduct monthly department meetings.
- Encourage participation in continuing education internally and externally and schedule employees for required sessions.
- Conduct weekly one-on-one evaluations with salon/spa employees to ensure clear understanding of goals and target objectives.
- Conduct period and annual performance reviews for all salon employees .
- Prepare and post schedule for support staff ensuring costs are managed according to budget
- Ensure opening/closing procedures are performed.
- Ensure end of day procedures are performed by the CSR, salon and spa team and ensure that balancing issues are addressed, and rectified if necessary, and signed off by end of day.
- Oversee the overall operation of the retail department/CSR’s in the absence of the retail/CSR manager
- Oversee the overall operation of the spa department in the absence of the spa manager/director.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by General Manager
Qualifications and Skills
- Post-secondary education
- Salon, Spa, Retail and/or Customer Service experience
- Minimum 3 years Management experience