(Yorkdale) 3401 Dufferin Street, North York, Ontario, Canada
Donato Salon + Spa is looking for a dynamic, people-oriented, and detail-oriented individual who takes pride in their expertise to be a Hairstylist. If you are interested in working for a professional salon and spa that is focused on superior customer service and continued education, in a fun and team based work environment, then Donato Salon + Spa may be the right fit for you.
As the hairstylist apprentice you will assist hairstylists in performing their job duties. You will carefully and patiently listen to your clients' needs, ensuring that they leave our salon happy with their service. As such, it is imperative that the incumbent has a passion for customer service and an enthusiastic and positive attitude that will resonate with their clients. Donato Salon + Spa's goal is to be the top in its industry in terms of skill and client care.
On occasion, you may assist hairstylists in blowouts to achieve volumized styles, various styles of curls and waves, or simply straight hair. You are skilled in taking advantage of the many hair tools and brushes that we provide to our service providers.
When you are not being assisting hairstylists, you use your sales flair to identify opportunities to sell the comprehensive list of products and services that we offer, whether it is during your service with clients, or after their service, you confidently and effectively find opportunities for rebookings and upselling of our offerings. As part of the team working with clients, you are part of the business development of the salon that helps us to continue to grow, and you want to be part of that growth.
Other responsibilities as a hairstylist apprentice include:
- Performing routine salon functions such as the maintenance and upkeep of your work area and workstation
- Providing scalp and hair treatments, optimizing the scalp and hair health
- Washing hair and preparing clients for their services with their service providers
- Performing laundry duties (towels, robes, etc.)
- Assisting other hairstylists and staff as needed
- Maintaining optimal inventory levels of hair products and tools to ensure that hairstylists are well equipped to perform their duties
What’s in It For You?
Not only does Donato Salon + Spa provide a professional and luxurious environment to work in, that allows employees to thrive, we also provide our employees:
- Continuing education opportunities with other hair experts in a fun, hands-on environment
- Lucrative referral program to reward our employees when they refer a friend or colleague to work with us
- Paid vacation and work-life balance
- Employee and family discounts on salon and spa services and products
- Affiliation with celebrities, magazines, and the fashion industry
- Opportunities to work alongside the owner, and renowned hair expert, ohn Donato
- Opportunities to work out of different locations