(Yorkdale) 3401 Dufferin Street, North York, Ontario, Canada
Donato Salon + Spa is looking for a dynamic, people-oriented, and detail-oriented individual who takes pride in their expertise to be a Hairstylist specializing in cuts. If you are interested in working for a professional salon and spa that is focused on superior customer service and continued education, in a fun and team based work environment, then Donato Salon + Spa may be the right fit for you.
As the hairstylist specializing in haircuts, you will perform cuts utilizing your eye for detail on clients that include, but are not limited to layered cuts, men's cuts, bobs, pixies, long bobs, and any other styles that are current to today's trends. You will take a consultative approach to carefully and patiently listen to your clients' needs, to achieve an understanding of the look they are aiming to achieve, and ensuring that they leave our salon happy with their service. As such, it is imperative that the incumbent has a passion for customer service and an enthusiastic and positive attitude that will resonate with their clients. Donato Salon + Spa's goal is to be the top in its industry in terms of skill and client care.
You will also perform blowouts to achieve volumized styles, various styles of curls and waves, or simply straight hair. You are skilled in taking advantage of the many hair tools and brushes that we provide to our service providers.
When you are not being innovative in your work, you use your sales flair to identify opportunities to sell the comprehensive list of products and services that we offer, whether it is during your service with clients, or after your service, you confidently and effectively find opportunities for rebookings and upselling of our offerings. As part of the team working with clients, you are part of the business development of the salon that helps us to continue to grow, and you want to be part of that growth.
Other responsibilities as a hairstylist include:
- Performing routine salon functions such as the maintenance and upkeep of your work area and workstation
- Providing scalp and hair treatments, optimizing the scalp and hair health
- Providing hair extension services
- Assisting other hairstylists and staff as needed
What’s in It For You?
Not only does Donato Salon + Spa provide a professional and luxurious environment to work in, that allows employees to thrive, we also provide our employees:
- Continuing education opportunities with other hair experts in a fun, hands-on environment
- Lucrative referral program to reward our employees when they refer a friend or colleague to work with us
- Paid vacation and work-life balance
- Employee and family discounts on salon and spa services and products
- Affiliation with celebrities, magazines, and the fashion industry
- Opportunities to work alongside the owner, and renowned hair expert, ohn Donato
- Opportunities to work out of different locations