(Square One) 100 City Centre Drive, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
$40,000.00 - $60,000.00
The Hairdressing Academy Director is responsible for managing the overall operation of Donato Academy. As the leader of the Academy, the Director is the link between the General Manager and the front line, faculty, students and salon and spa operations.
This role ensures that the Donato Academy of Hairstyling and Aesthetics' Mission and Values are upheld and the student enrollment and salon and spa student services continue to grow in sales and profits, through the effective coaching and leadership of his or her team.
Your job duties will entail overseeing the Academy and maximizing enrollment by managing the admission process, attending high schools and career fairs to promote the Academy's offerings to generate leads, arranging and administering tours with prospects, monitoring the effectiveness of the curriculum to the learning of students, and overseeing the duties of academy instructors, providing periodic performance feedback and delegating their tasks.
- Ensure that the Academy is compliant to the Ministry of Training for Colleges and Universities (MTCU) Standards and Guidelines including following appropriate business practices, curriculum, instructor requirements, student complaint and expulsion policies, registration and overall PCC program management and administrative tasks.
- Complete Registration for students in accordance with MTCU Guidelines
- Manage recruitment and admissions of the program by contacting and registering students to our education program.
- Collect and process payments for students for enrollment in Academy programs
- Attend high schools, and job/career fairs to generate leads and acquire students for hair and aesthetic programs.
- Update program and curriculum material in RICC system, tracking student grades and marking, assuring student hours are completed and registering final marks with the Ministry.
- Coordinating student graduation ceremonies and issue diplomas.
- Coordinate education for SASC Instructors including registration, hotel, flight, etc. as required.
- Arrange tours of the facility with students and parents to sell the available programs
- Facilitate and coordinate high school/student tours and arrange for on-site and off-site demonstrations to students with Cosmetology and Co-Operative education teachers.
- Strategize and assist with the execution of marketing initiatives in collaboration with the Marketing Director to develop future interest in programs and increase student intake.
- Achieve Student service and New Talent service and product revenue goals as per budget.
- Manage labour costs as per budget for employees including New Talent/Apprentices, Instructors and frontline support staff.
- Manage student salon and spa back bar usage.
- Recruit, interview and hire salon/spa/instructors/frontline employees
- Evaluate talent and Instructor schedules on an on-going basis to make certain that staffing levels are appropriate to business levels and opportunities.
- Ensure that the Donato Academy maintains a friendly and considerate work environment for all to enjoy.
- Resolve client/model issues as they arise and ensure client/model satisfaction.
- Ensure the student salon and spa is well maintained. Student salon and spa must be monitored for cleanliness continuously throughout the day.
- Ensure maintenance initiatives are completed for the building as required.
- Make certain student and apprentice salon/spa and frontline employees are presentable and in full uniform or appropriate business attire without exception. Student salon/spa and apprentice employees, including full time and part time students in the esthetic and salon program, new talent/apprentice employees and csrs must follow dress code guidelines laid out in the Employee Handbook.
- Manage the performance of all student and new talent/ apprentice salon and spa employees, delegate responsibilities to members of the team as appropriate and consistently address ongoing performance/policy breach issues.
- Create agenda and conduct monthly department meetings.
- Create agenda and facilitate daily line up
- Complete P+L exercise weekly and submit to the General Manager and John Donato.
- Encourage participation in continuing education internally and externally and schedule employees and students for required sessions.
- Conduct weekly one-on-one evaluations with new talent/apprentice salon/spa employees to ensure clear understanding of goals and target objectives.
- Conduct period and annual performance reviews for all new talent/apprentice salon/spa employees.
- Prepare and post schedule for support staff ensuring costs are managed according to budget.
- Ensure opening/closing procedures are performed.
- Ensure end of day procedures are performed by the CSR, Instructors, students, salon and spa team and ensure that balancing issues are addressed, and rectified if necessary, and signed off by end of day.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by General Manager
Outstanding Performance Defined:
The student salon and spa radiates success! Clients/Models are comfortable and stress-free. Clients/models return. Teamwork is apparent. Students, staff and faculty projects confidence and professionalism. The student salon and spa and Academy program registration consistently shows a profit and sales continue to grow.
•Post-secondary education or equivalent experience
•Private career college experience in a Director/Manager capacity
•Prior experience as a Hairstylist or Esthetician Instructor or service provider an asset
•Knowledge of the Salon and Spa Industry an asset
•Minimum 3 years Management experience